3rd Grade - Summer Work & Supply List
Attached is the summer reading book report form. The children are required to read Freckle Juice by Judy Blume. This book can be found at Books a Million or your local library. It can also be purchased online from Scholastic or Amazon (with a Kindle version available). To ensure item availability, we recommend that the books be purchased at the beginning of vacation. Please follow the guidelines listed below to complete the book report.
- Please use pencil only. Please color in illustration of favorite part of book.
- The book report must be completed in sentences, with correct spelling and punctuation. Typed reports will not be accepted.
- If more space is needed, please use theme tablet paper and staple it to the form.
- The reports are due on the first day of school.
Please find listed below the school supplies that you may purchase for your child as an incoming third grader. There are also items that are not listed that must be purchased through the school. Those items will be given to your child and are paid for by the supply fee collected in September.
NO ROLLING BACKPACKS PERMITTED. NO KEYCHAINS OR HAND SANITIZER ON BACKPACKS.
*1 box of Crayola crayons (no larger than 24 count)
*1 box of colored pencils (no larger than 12 count)
*1 box of thin Crayola markers (no larger than 12 count)
*24 Ticonderoga pencils
*3 large Papermate Pink Pearl or Prismacolor Magic Rub erasers
*1 pack of YELLOW highlighters
*1 2-pocket folder
*4 glue sticks
*2 JUMBO book socks (brought the first day of school)
*5 packs of 3×3 square Post-It brand sticky notes
*2 packs of white 3×5 index cards
*1 recipe card index box
*1 expandable pocket portfolio
Additionally, each month during the school year, two families will be asked to send in 3 boxes of tissues, 2 rolls of paper towels, and 1 container of hand wipes for classroom use.
Please practice your cursive handwriting and math facts. Students will be taking timed math drills three days a week. We recommend multiplication and division flash cards which can be made at home or purchased at most dollar stores. A good website to practice math facts is www.multiplication.com, www.math-drills.com and www.funbrain.com.
Have a wonderful and safe summer. We are looking forward to seeing you in third grade.
Mrs. Brunelli and Mrs. Podolski
- RAMS’ Review 11/13/18 November 13, 2018
- RAMS’ Review November 13, 2018
- RAMS’ Review 11/6/18 November 6, 2018
- Brunch With Santa & Mrs. Claus – Saturday, December 1 – RSVP Online November 5, 2018
- Lunch Menu November November 2, 2018
- RAMS’ Review 10/30/18 October 30, 2018
- RAMS’ Review 10/23/18 October 23, 2018
- RAMS’ Review 10/16/18 October 16, 2018
- Fall Gala & Honoree Event – Friday, Nov 16 October 15, 2018
- Craft Fair – Nov 10 & 11 – Vendor Applications – Save the Date! October 15, 2018