5th Grade - Summer Work & Supply List
In an effort to promote summer reading students are encouraged to read as many books as they would like, but they are required to read ONE book from the list included in this letter. They will also be required to complete the attached assignment and have it ready for the first day of school. This assignment will be graded.
We thank you for supporting our summer reading program. We anticipate that reading throughout the summer will broaden students’ knowledge, sharpen their skills and allow them the pleasure of getting lost in a good book!
Summer Reading List
- Mighty Jack by Ben Hatke
- Some Kind of Pride by Maria Testa
- Catch That Pass by Matt Christopher
- A Handful of Stars by Cynthia Lord
- Phantom Tollbooth by Norton Juster
- Shiloh by Phyllis Reynolds Naylor
Summer Book Report 5th Grade
Directions– Please answer in complete sentences. You may use theme paper or your responses can be typed.
Characters: In three to four sentences describe the main characters. (Think about how the character looks, what the character says or thinks, what the character does, how the character feels, and describe the characters personality.)
Setting: In three to four sentences describe where and when the story mostly takes place.
Plot summary: In four to five sentences summarize what happens in the story. Please include the problem and solution of the story.
Opinion: In a few sentences tell about your favorite or least favorite part of the story. Explain why.
Click images below to view PDFs:
- RAMS’ Review 11/12/19 November 12, 2019
- November Lunch Menu November 12, 2019
- Brunch With Santa – Saturday, December 7 – RSVP Online November 9, 2019
- RAMS’ Review November 5, 2019
- RAMS’ Review 10/29/19 October 29, 2019
- Fall Gala & Honoree Event – Friday, November 22nd October 29, 2019
- RAMS’ Review 10/22/19 October 22, 2019
- RAMS’ Review 10/15/19 October 15, 2019
- October Lunch Menu October 9, 2019
- RAMS’ Review 10/8/19 October 8, 2019