5th Grade - Summer Work & Supply List
In an effort to promote summer reading 5th grade students are encouraged to read as many books as they would like, but they are required to read ONE book from the list included in this letter. They will also be required to complete the attached assignment and have it ready for the first day of school. This assignment will be graded.
We thank you for supporting our summer reading program. We anticipate that reading throughout the summer will broaden students’ knowledge, sharpen their skills and allow them the pleasure of getting lost in a good book!
Summer Reading List
- Some Kind of Pride, Maria Testa
- Catch That Pass, Matt Christopher
- A Handful of Stars, Cynthia Lord
- Phantom Tollbooth, Norton Juster
Summer Book Report 5th Grade
Directions– Please answer in complete sentences. You may use theme paper or your responses can be typed.
Characters: In three to four sentences describe the main characters. (Think about how the character looks, what the character says or thinks, and what the character does or how the character feels.)
Setting: In three to four sentences describe where and when the story mostly takes place.
Plot summary: In four to five sentences summarize what happens in the story.
Opinion: In a few sentences tell about your favorite or least favorite part of the story. Explain why.
Click images below to view PDFs:
- RAMS’ Review 3/12/19 March 12, 2019
- RAMS’ Review 3/6/2019 March 7, 2019
- Lunch Menu – MARCH March 1, 2019
- RAMS’ Review 2/26/19 February 26, 2019
- Long Term Sub Position February 26, 2019
- School Closed February 20, 2019
- RAMS’ Review 2/19/19 February 19, 2019
- School closed 2/11/19 February 11, 2019
- ALERT: Delayed Opening Thursday January 31, 2019
- LUNCH MENU – FEBRUARY January 30, 2019