5th Grade - Summer Work & Supply List
In an effort to promote summer reading students are encouraged to read as many books as they would like, but they are required to read ONE book from the list included in this letter. They will also be required to complete the attached assignment and have it ready for the first day of school. This assignment will be graded.
We thank you for supporting our summer reading program. We anticipate that reading throughout the summer will broaden students’ knowledge, sharpen their skills and allow them the pleasure of getting lost in a good book!
Summer Reading List
- Mighty Jack by Ben Hatke
- Some Kind of Pride by Maria Testa
- Catch That Pass by Matt Christopher
- A Handful of Stars by Cynthia Lord
- Phantom Tollbooth by Norton Juster
- Shiloh by Phyllis Reynolds Naylor
Summer Book Report 5th Grade
Directions– Please answer in complete sentences. You may use theme paper or your responses can be typed.
Characters: In three to four sentences describe the main characters. (Think about how the character looks, what the character says or thinks, what the character does, how the character feels, and describe the characters personality.)
Setting: In three to four sentences describe where and when the story mostly takes place.
Plot summary: In four to five sentences summarize what happens in the story. Please include the problem and solution of the story.
Opinion: In a few sentences tell about your favorite or least favorite part of the story. Explain why.
Click images below to view PDFs:
- RAMS’ Review 9/17/19 September 17, 2019
- Craft Fair – Nov 9 & 10 – Vendor Applications – Save the Date! September 17, 2019
- RAMS’ Review 9/10/2019 September 10, 2019
- September Lunch Menu September 6, 2019
- RAMS’ Review 9/4/19 September 4, 2019
- RAMS’ Review 6/11/19 June 11, 2019
- RAMS’ Review 6/4/19 June 4, 2019
- Summer Theatre Camp: Aug 12-15 June 3, 2019
- Summer Art Camp 2019: Aug 19-22 June 1, 2019
- Summer Soccer Clinic 2019: July 29 – Aug 1 June 1, 2019