ARCS Announces and Welcomes New Principal - Ms. Barbara (Joan) Dollinger
Dear ARCS Community,
I am happy to inform you that a new principal has been hired. Her name is Ms. Barbara (Joan) Dollinger.
Ms. Dollinger comes to us with 10 years of teaching experience and 11 years serving as principal in two of our Catholic elementary schools (Our Lady Star of the Sea in Cape May and St. Nicholas in Egg Harbor City). She holds a Bachelor degree in Business Education from the College of New Jersey/Trenton State, a Master of Education in Administration and Supervision from Seton Hall, and a Master of Science in Religious Studies from Fordham.
I believe that Ms. Dollinger will not only ‘fit in’ well with the wonderful community and positive spirit of ARCS, but I am confident that she will help our school to move forward in the mission of creating, inspiring, and nurturing an environment that embraces Gospel values, and meets the academic needs of each student.
I wish to thank the Principal Search Committee and Sr. Rose Difluri of the Diocesan Schools Office for their dedication and time spent on the process of narrowing the number of candidates. Your work helped me and Ms. Mary Boyle – our Diocesan Superintendent of Schools – in our responsibility of choosing the next leader of ARCS. The choice wasn’t easy, but I do believe that our selection was aided by the prayers offered for this cause.
I also take this opportunity to again thank Mrs. Mary Ellen Schurtz for her longstanding commitment to Catholic Education here at Assumption. We wish you all the best and pray that you will be at peace in this time of transition.
Finally, I wish to share some personal news. You may or may not have heard, but Bishop Sullivan has appointed me as the vicar of clergy for our Diocese. This is a full-time position in the Diocesan Offices in Camden and necessitates my leaving Our Lady of Perpetual Help & ARCS. It is a completely different ministry than that of parish/school life, so I ask for your prayers.
I thank you for all that you have done to support and encourage me in my role as pastor. I move on excited for the new challenges and ministry ahead, while giving thanks for the memories and accomplishments I experienced here at OLPH & ARCS.
Please be assured of my continued prayers for you and your intentions.
- Volunteers needed for ARCS Santa Brunch November 18, 2017
- School is open tomorrow Thursday, November16th November 16, 2017
- CAP3 Training cancelled tonight November 15, 2017
- CAP3 Training for tonght November 15, 2017
- ALERT…SCHOOL CLOSED ..NOVEMBER 15 2017 November 15, 2017
- Rams’ Review Week of 11/14/17 November 15, 2017
- Breakfast With Santa & Mrs. Claus – Saturday, December 2 – RSVP Online November 14, 2017
- The Importance of Digital Citizenship in Schools November 11, 2017
- FAMILY TIP SHEET MIDDLE & HIGH SCHOOL November 11, 2017
- Operation Christmas Child Boxes Due This Week November 8, 2017