GRADUATION INFORMATION AND REMINDERS
TO: All Eighth Grade Parents/Guardians
FROM: Mary Ellen Schurtz, Principal
Katrina Finan, Vice-Principal
DATE: April 4, 2017
RE: GRADUATION INFORMATION AND REMINDERS
A Graduation fee of $155.00 is due by May 5th. This fee covers the cost of caps and gowns, diploma’s, class pictures, graduation musicians and flowers as well as partially covering the cost of the dinner /dance (DJ) at Smithville Inn. Cost of the school yearbook is included.
Graduation fees and tuition are due by May 5th. Attendance at all activities is dependent on these fees being paid in full.
Friday, May 5th– Progress Report e-mailed home
Friday, May 12th – May Crowning, 9:00am, liturgy in Church, the crowning of the
Marian statue will take place after the Mass in the gym
- Girls will wear Sunday dress apparel
(shoes are to be no higher than 3 inches)
- Boys may wear casual dress (collared shirts and dress pants)
- Noon dismissal
Friday, May 12th – Final Student Council Dance 7:30-9:30pm
Wednesday, May 17th –Class Graduation Pictures
- bring your graduation gown to school, not the cap
- Boys must wear a white dress shirt and tie and school slacks
- Girls must bring white/nude dress shoes
- No fee for the pictures. Boys may bring regular summer uniform to change into after the picture is taken.
Wednesday, May 24th – Trip to Washington D.C.
- Departure Time: 6:30 AM
- Return Time: approximately 8:00 PM
Thursday, May 25th – Ascension Thursday-no school
Monday, May 29th -Memorial Day-no school
Friday, June 2nd –Ribbons of Hope/Field Day
Tuesday, June 6th – Graduation Practice
Wednesday, June 7th – Graduation Practice
Thursday, June 8th – Graduation Practice
- 8th grade Clap-out at 10:45
- 11:00 dismissal, students will need to be picked up, no busing available
Class Night Dinner/Dance from 6:00-9:30 PM at Smithville Inn
- For the graduate and parents/guardians
- Boys- Dress pants, dress shirts and dress shoes.
- Girls- appropriate dress and dress shoes,
no prom dresses or gowns (1 inch wide straps)
remembering that this is a Catholic School and modesty is
Friday, June 9th – no school for 8th grade
Saturday, June 10th – Graduation- Liturgy begins at 10:00 AM
- Students will meet at 9:30 AM in the school dressed in their caps and gowns.
- Girls are required to wear white/nude shoes ,dresses should be light
colored so that they do not show under the light blue gown.
Tuesday, June 15th –Kindergarten promotion at 9:00
Wednesday, June 16th– Piano recital following the closing Mass at 9:00
- RAMS’ Review 9/17/19 September 17, 2019
- Craft Fair – Nov 9 & 10 – Vendor Applications – Save the Date! September 17, 2019
- RAMS’ Review 9/10/2019 September 10, 2019
- September Lunch Menu September 6, 2019
- RAMS’ Review 9/4/19 September 4, 2019
- RAMS’ Review 6/11/19 June 11, 2019
- RAMS’ Review 6/4/19 June 4, 2019
- Summer Theatre Camp: Aug 12-15 June 3, 2019
- Summer Art Camp 2019: Aug 19-22 June 1, 2019
- Summer Soccer Clinic 2019: July 29 – Aug 1 June 1, 2019