The Importance of Digital Citizenship in Schools
When we think of quality Catholic education, core competencies for students to master should be closely coupled with and rooted in the foundations of our Catholic faith. Our goal is to provide a balanced educational environment with all of the guidelines and teachings of Christ. Within those parameters, it is also important to teach digital citizenship in our school. It is our duty to provide the tools for students to use computers and other technologies as part of their development as competent members of our community. Digital citizenship is more than just being safe online. It also requires privacy and security. It also means that students learn about compassion, respect and kindness in our digital world; following the teaching of Christ as they now apply to the modern world.
Students are in touch with technology beyond school hours and digital citizenship is an essential set of skills for daily online encounters. Competence in recognizing and avoiding cyber-bullying, the importance of developing a positive digital footprint for the present and their future and the ability to collaborate and communicate in a global digital world are important steps in modern education. Teaching the whole child is important and in the 21st century digital citizenship has to be a component. Digital citizenship in schools not only educates students on respect, etiquette, rights, laws and responsibilities at school, but also extends to our homes and communities. For this, we support and endeavor to educate our students at Assumption Regional Catholic School.
- Fall Gala & Honoree Event – Friday, Nov 16 September 21, 2018
- Color Run – Saturday, Oct 13 September 20, 2018
- RAMS’ Review 9/18/18 September 18, 2018
- Craft Fair – Nov 10 & 11 – Vendor Applications – Save the Date! September 13, 2018
- RAMS’ Review 9/11/18 September 11, 2018
- RAMS’ Review 9/5/18 September 5, 2018
- Lunch Menu September September 4, 2018
- Back To School Updates August 15, 2018
- Summer Science Camp 2018 – August 13 – 17 June 25, 2018
- Accepting Teacher Applications – Download Here June 24, 2018