Mr. Tom Schurtz
As our school community continues to grieve the loss of Mr. Tom Schurtz, it is difficult to wrap our hearts and minds around the fact that he was with us last week and now has been called home to God.
Grief and sorrow are appropriate emotions for us, including our children. It is important to remember that the circle of life is indeed that: circular, continuous, and without end. Even though a person may no longer be physically present, his or her presence remains because we are people of the Resurrection.
Our faith teaches us that, like a circle, our life continues forever. Let us lean into that hope and know that Mr. Schurtz, and all who are called home, do not die but have everlasting life.
Community Prayer Service:
We will be having a community prayer service for Mr. Schurtz on Thursday, January 10 at 6:00 PM in the
gym. You and your children are most welcome to attend.
Mr. Schurtz’s funeral arrangements are as follows:
Viewing on Friday, January 11 from 6:00 PM – 8:00 PM at Our Lady of Perpetual Help;
Viewing on Saturday, January 12 from 8:00 AM – 10:00 AM at Our Lady of Perpetual Help followed by Mass of Christian Burial at 10:00 AM.
Click here for additional information regarding Mr. Schurtz’s services.
Donations to the Mary Ellen Schurtz Scholarship Fund
In lieu of flowers, the family asks that you make donations to the “Mary Ellen Schurtz Scholarship Award” at Assumption Regional Catholic School: https://forms.diamondmindinc.com/arcs/schurtzscholarship?token=1870879508.
Arrangements have been entrusted to Wimberg Funeral Home, 211 E. Great Creek Rd, Galloway 609-641-0001.For condolences or directions, please visit wimbergfuneralhome.com.
- RAMS’ Review 11/12/19 November 12, 2019
- November Lunch Menu November 12, 2019
- Brunch With Santa – Saturday, December 7 – RSVP Online November 9, 2019
- RAMS’ Review November 5, 2019
- RAMS’ Review 10/29/19 October 29, 2019
- Fall Gala & Honoree Event – Friday, November 22nd October 29, 2019
- RAMS’ Review 10/22/19 October 22, 2019
- RAMS’ Review 10/15/19 October 15, 2019
- October Lunch Menu October 9, 2019
- RAMS’ Review 10/8/19 October 8, 2019