Mr. Tom Schurtz
As our school community continues to grieve the loss of Mr. Tom Schurtz, it is difficult to wrap our hearts and minds around the fact that he was with us last week and now has been called home to God.
Grief and sorrow are appropriate emotions for us, including our children. It is important to remember that the circle of life is indeed that: circular, continuous, and without end. Even though a person may no longer be physically present, his or her presence remains because we are people of the Resurrection.
Our faith teaches us that, like a circle, our life continues forever. Let us lean into that hope and know that Mr. Schurtz, and all who are called home, do not die but have everlasting life.
Community Prayer Service:
We will be having a community prayer service for Mr. Schurtz on Thursday, January 10 at 6:00 PM in the
gym. You and your children are most welcome to attend.
Mr. Schurtz’s funeral arrangements are as follows:
Viewing on Friday, January 11 from 6:00 PM – 8:00 PM at Our Lady of Perpetual Help;
Viewing on Saturday, January 12 from 8:00 AM – 10:00 AM at Our Lady of Perpetual Help followed by Mass of Christian Burial at 10:00 AM.
Click here for additional information regarding Mr. Schurtz’s services.
Donations to the Mary Ellen Schurtz Scholarship Fund
In lieu of flowers, the family asks that you make donations to the “Mary Ellen Schurtz Scholarship Award” at Assumption Regional Catholic School: https://forms.diamondmindinc.com/arcs/schurtzscholarship?token=1870879508.
Arrangements have been entrusted to Wimberg Funeral Home, 211 E. Great Creek Rd, Galloway 609-641-0001.For condolences or directions, please visit wimbergfuneralhome.com.
- RAMS’ Review 5.21.19 May 22, 2019
- RAMS’ Review 5/14/19 May 14, 2019
- Updates this week – Posted Sunday, May 12 May 12, 2019
- Mother Son Bowling & Mini Golf Event: May 19 May 8, 2019
- Summer Art Camp 2019: Aug 19-22 May 3, 2019
- Summer Soccer Clinic 2019: July 29 – Aug 1 May 3, 2019
- Lunch Menu – May May 2, 2019
- RAMS’ Review 4/30/19 April 30, 2019
- Mary Ellen Schurtz Scholarship Application is Available for Download – Due Wed, May 22, 2019 April 17, 2019
- RAMS’ Review 4/16/19 April 16, 2019