Your Voice Matters to the Future of Catholic Schools
Did you know?
· Governor Christie has proposed flat or reduced funding for non-public school students in the 2017-18 school year. The final budget will be approved in late June.
· In his plan, the per-student allotment for bus transportation will remain $884 – an amount that has not changed in 10 years.
· Funding for school nurses and technology will be reduced, and funding for non-public school security will be eliminated altogether.
What can you do?
· Be heard. Through Voter Voice, ask your representatives to reach out to their counterparts who serve on the Budget and Appropriations committees.
With language from Voter Voice, you can also reach out directly to the three individuals who will make budget recommendations. Urge them to fight for our school students:
Senator Nilsa Cruz-Perez
(Camden County and Gloucester County residents)
Phone: (856) 547-4800
Senator Jeff Van Drew
(Atlantic, Cape May and Cumberland County residents)
Phone: (609) 465-0700
Assemblyman John J. Burzichelli
(Salem and Gloucester County residents)
Phone: (856) 251-9801
Now is the time when committee representatives are preparing to make recommendations for the final budget vote in June.
Now is the time to fight for fair distribution of funds for expenses that affect children at all schools. Public school students never have to leave a school because they can’t get a bus ride. This is the most important issue on the table, even for families who don’t need busing services. Our schools cannot thrive if students are unable to get there.
Remember, every Catholic school student saves taxpayers an average $19,000.
Our children deserve basic services no matter where they go to school. On behalf of your children, and all Catholic school children, thank you for making sure your voice is heard.
Mary Beth Peabody
Communications and Marketing Manager
Office of Catholic Schools
Diocese of Camden
631 Market Street
Camden, NJ 08102
- RAMS’ Review 2/25/2020 February 25, 2020
- RAMS’ Review 2/18/20 February 18, 2020
- RAMS’ Review 2/11/20 February 11, 2020
- Bag Bingo – Feb 28 February 11, 2020
- RAMS’ Review 2/4/20 February 4, 2020
- February Lunch Menu February 3, 2020
- RAMS’ Review 1/21/20 January 21, 2020
- RAMS’ Review 1/14/20 January 14, 2020
- Family Lunch Day! – Jan 29 January 13, 2020
- RAMS’ Review 1/7/20 January 7, 2020